Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Know your enemy, know thyself

Recently, I bought a book titled "Watchmaking" by George Daniels. For those of you who don't know who George Daniels is, he is a Master Watchmaker, who contributed much to Horology with his discovery/invention of the Co-Axial movement. Not only that, he is also one of the few who is able to make/complete a watch from scratch by himself (imagine drawing, making the parts and assembling it!). Sadly, he is no longer with us today as he passed away in 2010 at the age of 85.

This book contains tons of information that is extremely helpful to anyone who is curious or keen in making his/her own timepieces. From explanation of tools to basic construction of watch parts such as the Tourbillon carriage and hairsprings.

I can foresee using this book during my studies in KL, like a manual/guidebook. 

 I can't wait for my horological journey to begin! It's already 1 week into August and still no details about my departure. But good things come for those who wait! 


I recommend this book to whoever has interest in Horology, from casual hobbyist to professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment